Plain border or busy border?

I have about 10 of each DD blocks done.  While on our road trip, I helped my friend find a border for her DD.  But I realized I hadn't really considered mine (after the trip was over of course).  I am not sure which way I want to head.  Busy or plain?  What would you do?  I think I am favoring the dark green at this point....

Comments

Elaine Adair said…
I like the dark green, and as pretty as that gold is, it's kinda a sharp contrast. I'm working at the same thing myself and like you, am struggling. On my own, I'm trying to make the first border less of a contrast - a bit more blendy. Not sure if that's how it will end up but ... we'll all have to have a huge SHOW and TELL to see how everyone ended up! 8-)

Mine appears that it's going to be Queen size, so that means a 2 inch first border, and a wider 8-9 inch wider border. Oh my what to do, what to do??
The solid colors show off the blocks more. The flower print sort of detracts from the blocks. But sometimes it looks differently on a larger sample than just by 2 blocks.

Love your colors for DD!
Jantine said…
I saw someone with the nine-patches on the outside. That would give you a lot more possibilities for the size! It would also make the flowers a very good option! But you should really lay it out with more blocks then just two before making any decisions!
Vicki said…
I like both, which doesnt help much. I just wanted to say I really like your colors. Remember it is your quilt.
Hi
I like the sunflower border...it matches the cheddar in your blocks.
But you will properly get many different oppinions here :o) YOu do as you like best

Ingrid
Denmark
Hi
I like the sunflower border...it matches the cheddar in your blocks.
But you will properly get many different oppinions here :o) YOu do as you like best

Ingrid
Denmark
Anonymous said…
The sunflower border shows off the triangles the best and doesn't detract from the blocks. It's going to be a beautiful quilt regardless of which border you choose.
Hugz, Verona
Deb said…
Definitely the sunflowers!!! It brings all your fabrics together beautifully~ The lighter/brighter green in the sunflower fabric brings in the lighter greens of your 9-patches. With the black border, you simply have three different colors for the borders. Of course that's just my opinion !!
Anonymous said…
I love the sunflower fabric - the other one looks good too but my preference is the sunflower fabric!!!
Love the sunflower...but don't think the other will make you go wrong either. I am still on part 2. Just been too busy.

Popular posts from this blog

My Double Delight Update