These flowers were all blooming at my house until last week, when the cold air and frost set in. It is sad to see them go... and the boys' pumpkins started to rot in the wet weather.
A fellow quilter on the quiltville blog asked how my quilt based on a coneflower from my garden was going: it is going fine, but slow, my kids have been keeping me busy! I had to pull the one yellow out of my palette since I had picked too many colors, but I think the orange captures the flower center well!! I put the photo up as a reminder of what I pulled colors from. I really like the look so far!
I have about 10 of each DD blocks done. While on our road trip, I helped my friend find a border for her DD. But I realized I hadn't really considered mine (after the trip was over of course). I am not sure which way I want to head. Busy or plain? What would you do? I think I am favoring the dark green at this point....
Comments